[PATCH] nm: basic symbol type support for SysV-style symbol table dumping

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Fri Dec 11 20:51:00 GMT 2015


Hi Jan,

>>>> binutils/
>>>> 2015-12-07  Jan Beulich  <jbeulich@suse.com>
>>>>
>>>> 	* nm.c: Include coff/external.h, coff/internal.h, and
>>>> 	libcoff.h.
>>>> 	(struct extended_symbol_info): New field "coffinfo".
>>>> 	(get_symbol_type): Rename to get_elf_symbol_type.
>>>> 	(get_coff_symbol_type): New.
>>>> 	(print_symbol): Also init info.coffinfo.
>>>> 	(print_symbol_info_sysv): Print type and section name also for
>>>> 	COFF symbols.
>>
>> Please could you add a binutils test for this new feature ?  Approved
>> with that change.
>
> Well, the same applies here as mentioned in "bfd: don't produce
> corrupt COFF symbol table due to long ELF file name symbols": I
> would have liked to, but since the case of interest to me (and
> hence the case that should primarily not break) is not on COFF
> targets or against COFF objects, but for EFI binaries (linked from
> ELF objects), I have no real clue how I would properly gate such
> a test, nor would I then routinely run it and possible notice issues.

OK, in which case please apply the patch and I will see if I can come up 
with a way to produce a test.

Cheers
   Nick



More information about the Binutils mailing list