FAIL: Link with zlib-gabi compressed debug output
Jan Beulich
JBeulich@suse.com
Mon Dec 7 14:45:00 GMT 2015
>>> On 07.12.15 at 15:23, <hjl.tools@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 5:47 AM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@suse.com> wrote:
>> Is it really appropriate/necessary for the test to expect 1-byte
>> alignment:
>>
>> #...
>> +\[[0-9a-f]+\]: .*COMPRESSED
>> +ZLIB, [0-9a-f]+, 1
>> #pass
>>
>> (in ld-elf/gabinormal.rt)? I'm seeing .debug_aranges as the first
>> debug info section, emitted with 8-byte alignment:
>>
>> ...
>> [28] .comment.SUSE.OPTs
>> PROGBITS 00000000 000781 000006 01 0 0 1
>> [00000030]: MERGE, STRINGS
>> [29] .debug_aranges
>> PROGBITS 00000000 000ef8 000047 00 0 0 8
>> [00000800]: COMPRESSED
>> ZLIB, 00000080, 8
>> [30] .debug_pubnames
>> PROGBITS 00000000 000f3f 00007c 00 0 0 1
>> [00000800]: COMPRESSED
>> ZLIB, 00000094, 1
>> ...
>
> Where does 8-byte alignment come from?
I guess the compiler/assembler emits it? I didn't look at the details of
how the test binaries get created. It simply seems acceptable to me
for .debug_aranges to have other than 1-byte alignment.
Jan
More information about the Binutils
mailing list