New failures with .debug_ranges test

Oleg Endo oleg.endo@t-online.de
Fri Dec 4 12:10:00 GMT 2015

On Fri, 2015-12-04 at 11:24 +0000, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Kaz, Hi Oleg
>
> > > Notice that SH5/SH64 has been declared obsolete starting with GCC
> > > 6.  I
> > > don't know whether binutils wants to follow this.
>
> I do not see that in today's gcc/config.gcc:
>
>    # Obsolete configurations.
>    case ${target} in
>    # Currently there are no obsolete targets.
>     nothing				\
>     )

It hasn't been removed completely yet, just the documentation parts.
I think I will start chopping it off piece by piece after GCC 6 has
been released, i.e. it will be gone in GCC 7.  Although it's probably
already dysfunctional as of GCC 6.

Just for the reference:
https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2015-08/msg00101.html
https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2015-09/msg01516.html