[AArch64] Workaround for cortex-a53 erratum 843419

Christophe Lyon christophe.lyon@linaro.org
Wed Apr 29 20:12:00 GMT 2015

On 1 April 2015 at 14:17, Marcus Shawcroft <marcus.shawcroft@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 30 March 2015 at 15:23, Marcus Shawcroft <marcus.shawcroft@arm.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Some early revisions of the Cortex-A53 have an erratum (843419).  The
>> details of the erratum are quite complex and involve dynamic conditions.
>> For the purposes of the workaround we have simplified the static conditions
>> to an ADRP in the last two instructions of a 4KByte page, followed within
>> four instructions by a load/store dependent on the ADRP.
>
> Committed.

Hi Marcus,

Do you have any plan to submit a GCC patch adding a configure option +
spec file entry to activate this workaround by default, as you did
previously for erratum 835769?

Christophe