[PATCH] A few ppc assembler fixes

Peter Bergner bergner@vnet.ibm.com
Thu Apr 23 03:52:00 GMT 2015


On Thu, 2015-04-23 at 12:44 +0930, Alan Modra wrote:
> If I'm not mistaken the dcbt/dcbtst change will affect the following
> -m options.
> 
>  -m601		+server
>  -mppc		+server
>  -mppc32	+server
>  -m603		+server
>  -m604		+server

Yes, although these old cpus only ever used the two operand
version.


>  -m403		+server
>  -m405		+server

My bad, I thought these were caught with the BOOKE usage.
I'll have to move these back to the embedded side.



>  -m7400		+server
>  -m7410		+server
>  -m7450		+server
>  -m7455		+server

These only use the two operand version of the instruction, so are
probably a don't care.  However, I should probably move these
back to the embedded side too.


>  -m750cl	+server

This also only uses the two operand version of the instruction,
but since this is an IBM part, it's probably safest to use the
server ordering.


>  -mppc64	+server
>  -m620		+server
>  -mppc64bridge	+server

Yes, I think we want server ordering here too.


>  -me300		+server

Another case I thought BOOKE would catch, but didn't.  I'll change it.


>  -me5500	-server
>  -me6500	-server

These are embedded processors, and they use the three operand
version of the instruction and expect the embedded ordering,
so yes, these are correct.


>  -mspe		+server

This is more an instruction category rather than a cpu, isn't it?
That said, it's probably safest to lump this in with the embedded
cpus, since that's where it seems to be used.  Do you agree?


Peter




More information about the Binutils mailing list