Some extensions to the .section directive for ELF and COFF
H.J. Lu
hjl.tools@gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 16:34:00 GMT 2015
On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 8:47 AM, Rafael Espíndola
<rafael.espindola@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sure. I emailed a patch to llvm-commits and cced you.
Thanks.
> On 6 April 2015 at 11:33, H.J. Lu <hjl.tools@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 8:26 AM, Rafael Espíndola
>> <rafael.espindola@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>> I am currently inclined to go with the unique id option. I will
>>>> implement it Monday morning to
>>>> see what it looks like.
>>>
>>> So far so good.
>>>
>>> An initial attempt found issues with ARM's unwind info (like Alan
>>> Modra suspect there will be in gas), but they were easy to fix and a
>>> bootstrap on a chromebook is going well now.
>>>
>>> The extensions are documented in http://llvm.org/docs/Extensions.html
>>>
>>> Thanks for all the feedback!
>>
>> All .section parameters are separated by `,'. Can we use
>>
>> .section .text,"ax",@progbits,unique,N
>>
>> instead of
>>
>> .section .text,"ax",@progbits,unique N
>>
>>
>> --
>> H.J.
--
H.J.
More information about the Binutils
mailing list