Tag_CPU_name merging produces wrong tag for ARM.

Andrew Stubbs ams@codesourcery.com
Tue Sep 9 09:13:00 GMT 2014

On 02/09/14 11:45, Maxim Ostapenko wrote:
> I tried to compile a binary optimized for ARM Cortex-A15 with ARM
> Cortex-A8 cross-toolchain (host is x86_64-pc-linux-gnu), but
> Tag_CPU_name appears to be "Cortex-A8" for the binary instead of
> "Cortex-A15". The example session follows:

I'm not sure what the correct behaviour would be. I did know a lot about
this stuff a few years ago, but my memory has faded, and I'm too busy to
research this much.

I suggest you find the proper document at http://infocentre.arm.com, and
compare the expected behaviour with what actually happens. Then we'll
know how to fix it.

I remember putting in some specific rules for particular tags, but
basically the merging just happens by type, and there's no automatic way
to merge strings.

Andrew