Reduce Filling Size in RAM

Nicholas Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Wed Oct 29 16:52:00 GMT 2014

Hi Clément,

> When i look to my map after the link i see that there is 600o used
> just for filing in RAM which is a lot on my 8ko available.

>   .bss.pm_cpu_instance
>                  0x00000000200025ac        0x1
> *fill*         0x00000000200025ad        0x3
>
> It's not possible to put the .bss.pm_cpu_instance wich as a size of 1
> in the fill of the .bss._adxl_status_s

I think that we are going to need some more information before we can
answer this question.  Specifically:

   * Which target are you using ?
   * Which version of the binutils are you using ?
   * What is the command line that you are using to perform the link.
   * If you are using a customized linker script then we would need to
see that too.
   * Do you have a small example that reproduces the problem ?

Also - have you tried using the "--sort-section=alignment" linker
command line option ?