[BUILDROBOT] signed<->unsigned warning (was: gdb and binutils branch master updated. 1036838a771b96ad9428e8fc7ecc45d3d8e056ce)
Jan-Benedict Glaw
jbglaw@lug-owl.de
Fri Nov 28 15:20:00 GMT 2014
Hi Nick,
On Thu, 2014-11-27 12:19:59 -0000, nickc@sourceware.org <nickc@sourceware.org> wrote:
> - Log -----------------------------------------------------------------
> https://sourceware.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=binutils-gdb.git;h=1036838a771b96ad9428e8fc7ecc45d3d8e056ce
>
> commit 1036838a771b96ad9428e8fc7ecc45d3d8e056ce
> Author: Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com>
> Date: Thu Nov 27 12:19:10 2014 +0000
>
> Fixes a few more memory access violations exposed by fuzzed binaries.
>
> PR binutils/17512
> * ecoff.c (_bfd_ecoff_slurp_symbol_table): Warn about and correct
> a discrepancy between the isymMax and ifdMax values in the
> symbolic header.
> * elf.c (_bfd_elf_print_private_bfd_data): Fix the range check
> scanning the external dynamic entries.
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
With Debian's GCC/G++ "Debian 4.9.2-1", this resulted in a build error
when building for mips-linux (see
http://toolchain.lug-owl.de/buildbot/show_build_details.php?id=379459
for the full build logs):
/bin/bash ./libtool --tag=CC --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I/home/vaxbuild/repos/binutils_gdb/bfd -I. -I/home/vaxbuild/repos/binutils_gdb/bfd -I/home/vaxbuild/repos/binutils_gdb/bfd/../include -DHAVE_mips_elf32_trad_be_vec -DHAVE_mips_elf32_trad_le_vec -DHAVE_mips_ecoff_be_vec -DHAVE_mips_ecoff_le_vec -DHAVE_mips_elf32_ntrad_be_vec -DHAVE_mips_elf64_trad_be_vec -DHAVE_mips_elf32_ntrad_le_vec -DHAVE_mips_elf64_trad_le_vec -DHAVE_elf64_le_vec -DHAVE_elf64_be_vec -DHAVE_elf32_le_vec -DHAVE_elf32_be_vec -DHAVE_plugin_vec -DBINDIR='"/home/vaxbuild/build/mips-linux/_install_/bin"' -W -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wshadow -Werror -g -O2 -MT ecoff.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/ecoff.Tpo -c -o ecoff.lo /home/vaxbuild/repos/binutils_gdb/bfd/ecoff.c
libtool: compile: gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I/home/vaxbuild/repos/binutils_gdb/bfd -I. -I/home/vaxbuild/repos/binutils_gdb/bfd -I/home/vaxbuild/repos/binutils_gdb/bfd/../include -DHAVE_mips_elf32_trad_be_vec -DHAVE_mips_elf32_trad_le_vec -DHAVE_mips_ecoff_be_vec -DHAVE_mips_ecoff_le_vec -DHAVE_mips_elf32_ntrad_be_vec -DHAVE_mips_elf64_trad_be_vec -DHAVE_mips_elf32_ntrad_le_vec -DHAVE_mips_elf64_trad_le_vec -DHAVE_elf64_le_vec -DHAVE_elf64_be_vec -DHAVE_elf32_le_vec -DHAVE_elf32_be_vec -DHAVE_plugin_vec -DBINDIR=\"/home/vaxbuild/build/mips-linux/_install_/bin\" -W -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wshadow -Werror -g -O2 -MT ecoff.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/ecoff.Tpo -c /home/vaxbuild/repos/binutils_gdb/bfd/ecoff.c -o ecoff.o
/home/vaxbuild/repos/binutils_gdb/bfd/ecoff.c: In function ‘_bfd_ecoff_slurp_symbol_table’:
/home/vaxbuild/repos/binutils_gdb/bfd/ecoff.c:955:31: error: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Werror=sign-compare]
if (internal_ptr - internal < bfd_get_symcount (abfd))
^
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
Makefile:1605: recipe for target 'ecoff.lo' failed
make[3]: *** [ecoff.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/vaxbuild/build/mips-linux/build-binutils-full/bfd'
MfG, JBG
--
Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@lug-owl.de +49-172-7608481
Signature of: Arroganz verkürzt fruchtlose Gespräche.
the second : -- Jan-Benedict Glaw
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20141128/d05c06fb/attachment.sig>
More information about the Binutils
mailing list