RFC: Optimize out i386/x86-64 JUMP_SLOT relocation

Roland McGrath roland@hack.frob.com
Mon Nov 24 21:02:00 GMT 2014

We could change the test to grok that case.  We just need to find a way to
change it such that we can be confident that the internal calls in the
module are actually going via that GOT slot even though there is no JMPREL
reloc for it.  We're already assuming that the presence of any PLT entry
for the symbol name means all calls are using the PLT.  So it is probably
just as safe to assume that the presence of a GOT reloc for the symbol name
means calls are using that slot.