[Patch][AArch64] - Error on load pair to same register

Ryan Mansfield rmansfield@qnx.com
Tue Nov 18 14:01:00 GMT 2014

On 14-11-18 05:14 AM, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> On 17/11/14 14:57, Ryan Mansfield wrote:
>> 2014-11-17  Ryan Mansfield  <rmansfield@qnx.com>
>>
>>           * config/tc-aarch64.c (md_assemble): Call warn_unpredictable.
>>           (warn_unpredictable): New.
>>
>> 2014-11-17  Ryan Mansfield  <rmansfield@qnx.com>
>>
>>           * gas/aarch64/diagnostic.s: Add new warnings test patterns.
>>           * gas/aarch64/diagnostic.l: Update expected diagnostic output.
>
> Ryan,
>
> Thanks for the patch.
>
> While I can see merit in handling common cases like loads/stores in one
> function, I'm not entirely convinced that having one common function to
> handle all unpredictable insns is a good idea - the function could get
> very big over time with no real gain to be had from the single
> interface.  As such, I'd rename the function to
> warn_unpredictable_ldst() or something like that.
>
> OK with that change.

I've updated the function name, and the comment to be specific for
load/stores. If this is OK, would someone please apply the patch on my
behalf? I don't have write privs.

Here are the updated changelogs and patch:

2014-11-18  Ryan Mansfield  <rmansfield@qnx.com>

         * config/tc-aarch64.c (md_assemble): Call warn_unpredictable_ldst.
         (warn_unpredictable_ldst): New.

2014-11-18  Ryan Mansfield  <rmansfield@qnx.com>

         * gas/aarch64/diagnostic.s: Add new warnings test patterns.
         * gas/aarch64/diagnostic.l: Update expected diagnostic output.

Regards,

Ryan Mansfield