gas: Question about .cfi_startproc and nested labels

Martin Galvan martin.galvan@tallertechnologies.com
Mon Nov 17 12:57:00 GMT 2014

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 9:55 AM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@suse.com> wrote:
>> Thanks a lot for your answer! One more question: what happens if I
>> call .cfi_restore_state without having called .cfi_remember_state
>> first? I've seen a couple of places where people seem to be doing
>> that, but I'm not sure of what the results would be.
>
> I'd expect gas to not accept this, but even if it does it'll produce
> data the unwinder can't use - what state should it restore when
> none was saved?

Indeed, it wouldn't make sense as the implicit stack would be empty.
I'll check the code again, perhaps I missed a remember_state.

Thanks!

--

Martín Galván

Software Engineer