gas: Question about .cfi_startproc and nested labels

Martin Galvan martin.galvan@tallertechnologies.com
Mon Nov 17 05:09:00 GMT 2014

Hi there! I'm trying to add some CFI directives to an existing ARM
code, and I noticed sometimes we have stuff like this:

some_label:

some_other_label:

END

where "END" is a macro that expands to the appropriate epilogue/return
instructions. If we want to mark those labels as functions, I know
.cfi_endproc should be placed right after the END macro, but what
about .cfi_startproc? I'm thinking of doing something like:

some_label:
.cfi_startproc

some_other_label:
.cfi_startproc

END
.cfi_endproc

However, I'm not sure if that would be right. Will gas realize
some_label and some_other_label are meant to be different functions?

Thanks a lot!

--

Martín Galván

Software Engineer