[oss-security] Re: Fuzzing objdump (PR 17512) and readelf (PR 17531)
Robert Święcki
robert@swiecki.net
Fri Nov 7 15:58:00 GMT 2014
2014-11-07 11:08 GMT+01:00 Yury Gribov <y.gribov@samsung.com>:
> On 11/07/2014 07:43 AM, Alexander Cherepanov wrote:
>>
>> Longer version: I started with the most simple approach I could get
>> results with and improved it only a little bit so far. There was just no
>> need for improvements -- until recently I was getting more crashes than
>> I can analyze (i.e. run through valgrind:-).
>
>
> This looks rather impressive. Have you considered automatically detecting
> duplicates by e.g. analyzing stacktraces?
Feel free to take a look at honggfuzz - https://code.google.com/p/honggfuzz/
It provides a crude version of unification on the basis of offending
program counter (as well as simple disassembly of the offending
instruction). It also disables address randomization to get repeatable
crashes. Example output (from testing strings-multiarch):
http://alt.swiecki.net/.t/strings-multiarch.txt
Usage:
honggfuzz -f in/ -r 0.1 -q -- /usr/bin/strings ___FILE___
--
Robert Święcki
More information about the Binutils
mailing list