[Bug-readline] [PATCH] readline/histfile.c: Check and retry write() operation in history_truncate_file()
Chen Gang
gang.chen.5i5j@gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 14:59:00 GMT 2014
On 06/23/2014 09:57 PM, Chet Ramey wrote:
> On 6/21/14, 10:01 PM, Chen Gang wrote:
>
>>> history_truncate_file will never return -1.
>>>
>>
>> Hmm... do you mean:
>>
>> "for regular file, write() never return 0, if parameter 'count' > 0?"
>>
I am not quite sure whether it is true, in my experience, it should be
true, but I have no any proofs for it (if you have, welcome to supply).
thank.
>> or
>>
>> "if write() return 0, can also return 0 to history_truncate_file()?".
>
For me, if write() could return 0, when it happened, we had to process the
case within history_truncate_file(), could not only return 0 to indicate
all things go on well.
> Both of those things are true, but neither is what I said above.
>
If both of those things are not true, what your originally said above
are not true, either.
Thanks.
--
Open share and attitude like air warter and life which God blessed
More information about the Binutils
mailing list