ARM instruction decoder

Леша К. carhun@ya.ru
Wed Jul 30 13:44:00 GMT 2014


Hello Nick,

But if we have stripped file than it parse some instruction incorrect because there is no symbol table where to parse $a, $t etc...

So then the most general way to identify type of instruction is to emulate code and parse bx instructions?
Or I am wrong?

Thank U for help!

02.07.2014, 16:44, "Nicholas Clifton" <nickc@redhat.com>:
> Hi Aleskei,
>> б Can U show me doc where I can read about how to detect is current instruction ARM or THUMB?
>> б I tried to get this information from objdump source and this is so intricately.
>
> You need the "ELF for the ARM Architecture" document from ARM (document
> number IHI0044E):
>
> http://infocenter.arm.com/help/topic/com.arm.doc.ihi0044e/IHI0044E_aaelf.pdf
>
> See section 4.5.5, entitled "Mapping Symbols" for the information you need,
>
> Cheers
> б б б Nick



More information about the Binutils mailing list