Board configuration for ld tests

nick clifton nickc@redhat.com
Tue Jan 14 11:47:00 GMT 2014

Hi Vidya,

> I've sent a patch to remove my recent support for ldflags from board config file
> in ld testsuite since ldflags is meant to be the flags to linker through gcc
> driver rather than to ld. In order to support bare linker flags that is passed
> to ld directly, I think we need to have a new variable introduced in the board
> config file. If this is acceptable, I would like to propose the name
> 'linker_flags' for the same, if I don't get a better suggestion.

There are already some tool specific options in the config files, eg
gcc,stack_size  and  gdb.nosignals  so maybe a linker specific option
would be better.  Eg:

   ld,pre_flags	[Flags to appear on linker command line
                  before the test adds any flags]

   ld,post_flags [Flags to appear after any test specific flags]