[Mips}Using DT tags for handling local ifuncs

Richard Sandiford rdsandiford@googlemail.com
Mon Jan 13 19:09:00 GMT 2014

Jack Carter <Jack.Carter@imgtec.com> writes:
> For clarification sake:
>
> What I mean by "describing" is that even though technically there are no
> sections in an executable, many mortals like myself dump section headers
> to see what is where and also to dump the isolated sections.
>
> If they are all stuffed into .got, this is lost.

And also for clarification: I definitely agree.  My point is that the
problem of whether we can do this easily and without breaking user-visible
semantics is the same regardless of which GOT scheme we use.  We'd be
dividing up the contents the same way for both schemes.  And we'd be
creating sections in the same way for both schemes.

> And yes, I did also mean the .dynamic descriptions of the multi-GP regions.
> It did make my life easier then. But we are not working on the SGI linker.
>
> Please let me surrender on this issue ;-)

:-)

Thanks,
Richard