[PATCH] PR ld/16322: ld fails to generate GNU_RELRO segment
H.J. Lu
hjl.tools@gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 16:41:00 GMT 2014
On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 8:05 AM, Hans-Peter Nilsson
<hans-peter.nilsson@axis.com> wrote:
>> From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl.tools@gmail.com>
>> Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 15:01:49 +0100
>> >> 2013-12-12 H.J. Lu <hongjiu.lu@intel.com>
>> >>
>> >> PR ld/14207
>> >> PR ld/16322
>> >> PR binutils/16323
>> >> * elf.c (_bfd_elf_map_sections_to_segments): Don't check section
>> >> size for PT_GNU_RELRO segment.
>> >> (assign_file_positions_for_load_sections): If PT_LOAD segment
>> >> doesn't fit PT_GNU_RELRO segment, adjust its p_filesz and p_mems
>> > Are there any objections to this patch?
>
> Did you get explicit approval for this patch?
>
>> I checked it in. Please let me know if there are any problems.
>
> It fails for cris-axis-linux-gnu: no GNU_RELRO segment.
>
> Should I worry or is this going to be covered by follow-up
> changes? I see there's an ongoing conversation.
>
It fails since cris doesn't define COMMONPAGESIZE
so that -z relro is ignored. You can add relro support
to cris or I can skip this test for cris.
--
H.J.
More information about the Binutils
mailing list