[AArch64] Define LP64 BE linker name.
David Daney
ddaney.cavm@gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 19:45:00 GMT 2014
On 01/07/2014 07:23 AM, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> On 06/01/14 17:07, Andrew Pinski wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 7:25 AM, Marcus Shawcroft
>> <marcus.shawcroft@arm.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> This patch defines the AArch64 LP64 BE linker name in LD.
>>>
>>> * emulparams/aarch64linuxb.sh (ELF_INTERPRETER_NAME): Define.
[...]
>>> +ELF_INTERPRETER_NAME=\"/lib/ld-linux-aarch64_be.so.1\"
Why do you want to mix the LE and BE libraries in the same directory?
Perhaps I missed that part of the discussion.
In the past we have separated different ABIs into separate directory
hierarchies. Why is that not the appropriate thing to do here.
The only reason to change the name of the interpreter is to avoid a
conflict if both LE and BE ABIs are present in the same filesystem.
What are you going to name libc, libm, libpthread, etc.?
David Daney
>>
>> Again I don't think this should be done as right now, binutils 2.24
>> and with this patch are different ABIs.
>
> So do it now, or do it in three years time when this becomes a major
> problem for someone.
>
> I think the sooner the better with issues like this, unfortunate as that
> is for early adopters. I'm sure there must be some compatibility
> work-arounds you can deploy.
>
> R.
>
>
>
More information about the Binutils
mailing list