binutils-2.24 and HEAD: patch for gas/config/tc-i386.c

Thomas Klausner tk@giga.or.at
Tue Jan 7 10:39:00 GMT 2014


On Tue, Jan 07, 2014 at 10:15:14AM +0000, Jan Beulich wrote:
> >>> On 06.01.14 at 20:23, Thomas Klausner <tk@giga.or.at> wrote:
> > Hi!
> > 
> > When compiling binutils-2.24 on NetBSD-6.99.28/amd64 with
> > clang-3.4rc1, the build stops in gas/config/tc-i386.c:
> > 
> > config/tc-i386.c:1668:32: error: unused variable 'regbnd' 
> > [-Werror,-Wunused-const-variable]
> > static const i386_operand_type regbnd = OPERAND_TYPE_REGBND;
> >                                ^
> > config/tc-i386.c:1669:32: error: unused variable 'vec_disp8' 
> > [-Werror,-Wunused-const-variable]
> > static const i386_operand_type vec_disp8 = OPERAND_TYPE_VEC_DISP8;
> >                                ^
> > 
> > The attached patch comments out these variables, but perhaps they
> > should be used instead? I don't know, so I thought I'd just report
> > this issue.
> 
> Commenting them out (and even with C++ style comments) is surely
> not the right thing - they indeed look to be unused, so they should
> just get deleted.

Please do that then, I don't have write access to the repository ('//' is
C99 btw).
 Thomas



More information about the Binutils mailing list