[PATCH] Fix alignment for the first section frag on xtensa

Sterling Augustine augustine.sterling@gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 17:00:00 GMT 2014


On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 3:57 AM, Max Filippov <jcmvbkbc@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd be interested to see such test case.

The thing to remember is that the misaligned entry instruction is only
a symptom of the bug. The actual bug is that the section doesn't get
aligned.

So, keeping in mind that I never repro'd the original problem, my
guess is that I could get the label "bar" unaligned below, with
something along these lines:


foo.s
.text
.align 8
....//lots of code requiring relaxation
//some kind of padding that doesn't include actual text, but can be
adjusted by relaxation

bar.s
.global bar
//some code to ensure the current frag is closed.
bar:
.align 16 (should be greater than foo's alignment, and applies to the
entire section.)

I'd need to play with it a bit to get the details right.

The patch only applies to the frag where the alignment directive appears.

And, of course, I haven't written Xtensa code in years, so I may be
missing something.



More information about the Binutils mailing list