nm test.o: (g++, cmath, exp, expf)

nick clifton nickc@redhat.com
Fri Sep 27 08:23:00 GMT 2013

Hi Reza,

> When using g++, the cmath
> exp(float)
> exp(double)
>
> functions are supposed to resolve differently(based on the parameter type.)  But
> nm test.o
> always keeps showing only one function: exp.  How can I see that the
> functions are really different?

Please can you provide a full test case that demonstrates this problem ?
  (ie small source file, command line(s) used to build it and run nm +
details of the architecure where you are running the test and the
version of g++ and the binutils that you are using).

This may be a name mangling bug.  Or it might be a misunderstanding
about type promotions.  Or it could be something else entirely...