git is live

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Wed Oct 30 01:39:00 GMT 2013

>>>>> "Alan" == Alan Modra <amodra@gmail.com> writes:

Alan> I tried to push some testsuite changes today, and got
Alan> remote: ld/testsuite/ld-powerpc/tlsexe.r:50: trailing whitespace.
Alan> remote: + +03 +\.tdata \.dynamic \.opd \.got \.plt
Alan> remote: ld/testsuite/ld-powerpc/tlsexe.r:90: trailing whitespace.
Alan> remote: +.* SECTION +LOCAL +DEFAULT +13
Alan> ...
Alan> remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/master

Alan> I agree that it's good to reject trailing whitespace generally, but
Alan> the testsuite is a little special.  We're matching tool output.  If,
Alan> as in this example, readelf emits trailing whitespace then we
Alan> shouldn't need to write a regex to match it.  Can this be fixed
Alan> easily?

Yeah.  I didn't intend to have this feature enabled.
I will look into it tomorrow.

Tom