[PATCH] gprof: print source file names inline

nick clifton nickc@redhat.com
Thu Nov 21 15:13:00 GMT 2013


Hi Conrad,

   Thanks for the patch.  Sorry for taking so long to reply.  To answer 
your questions:

>   - Any interest at all in such an addition?

Yes. :-)

>   - What changes may be required in terms of style, naming conventions,
>     etc...?

Nope - the patch is fine.  The only thing missing was a changelog entry, 
but I have provided that.

>   - If the previous items are resolved, can patches be contributed by
>     mail or should I set up a repo that you can pull & merge from?

By mail is fine.  In fact I will take this email as the contribution.

I have applied the patch along with the changelog entry below.

Cheers
   Nick

binutils/ChangeLog
2013-11-21  Conrad Hoffmann  <ch@bitfehler.net>

	* gprof.c (inline_file_names): New variable.
	(OPTION_INLINE_FILE_NAMES): Define.
	(long_options): Add --inline-file-names.
	(usage): Likewise.
	(main): Process --inline-file-names.
	* gprof.h: Add prototype for inline_file_names.
	* utils.c (print_name_only): Handle inline_file_names.
	* gprof.texi: Document new command line option.



More information about the Binutils mailing list