GNU LD: Linker script generating incorrect address

Jens Bauer jens-lists@gpio.dk
Tue May 21 08:09:00 GMT 2013


Hi Alan.

Thank you for your reply explanation on what's wrong.

I've read these (online):
  <http://sourceware.org/binutils/docs/ld/index.html#Top>
  (<http://sourceware.org/binutils/docs-2.23.1/ld/index.html>)
  <http://info2html.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/info2html-demo/info2html?(ld.info.gz)Expressions>
-Are those the ones the same as the "ld info doc" ?
($info ld does not give anything useful at my end)
If they are, I've read the section about linker scripts 4 times now and still haven't come across any place explaining what not to do, regarding symbols.


Love
Jens

On Tue, 21 May 2013 15:00:16 +0930, Alan Modra wrote:
> On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 06:26:02AM +0200, Jens Bauer wrote:
>> Am I doing something completely wrong anywhere ?
> 
> Yes, you posted here without first reading the ld info doc.
> 
> You're defining symbols inside output section statements.  They don't
> have the values you think they do.  In particular, your _lustack is a
> symbol relative to the start of .ustack.



More information about the Binutils mailing list