Understanding symbols in .o or .dylib file
Erik Christiansen
dvalin@internode.on.net
Sun May 19 08:28:00 GMT 2013
On 16.05.13 11:49, Peng Yu wrote:
> I have the following .dylib. If I want to find the symbol
> corresponding to myprint. I see __GLOBAL__I__Z7myprintv and
> __Z7myprintv. What are the difference between them? Besides using
> grep, is there a better way to search for symbols corresponding to a
> function? Thanks.
It appears that "nm -C" (or nm --demangle[=style]) should do that,
according to the manpage, so it might be worth a look. Having let my C++
books gather dust for a decade and a half, I won't offer an opinion on
how it's likely to suit. (And I have no idea what "style" parameters
are permissible.)
Erik
--
The right half of the brain controls the left half of the body.
This means that only left handed people are in their right mind.
More information about the Binutils
mailing list