Fix uninitialized warning in bfd
Cary Coutant
ccoutant@google.com
Wed May 15 22:57:00 GMT 2013
When I build binutils with -Werror and GCC 4.7, I get one
uninitialized warning in ecoff.c. This is a case where the compiler is
wrong, but the predicate-aware uninit analysis isn't quite up to the
task, so I've added an explicit initializer. (Oddly enough, the
compiler is able to analyze the control flow for esize, even though
the two situations look very much alike.) With this patch, I can now
build binutils with --enable-targets=all and -Werror.
OK for trunk?
-cary
2013-05-15 Cary Coutant <ccoutant@google.com>
* ecoff.c (ecoff_link_check_archive_element): Add initializer for
external_ext_size.
Index: ecoff.c
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvs/src/src/bfd/ecoff.c,v
retrieving revision 1.78
diff -u -p -r1.78 ecoff.c
--- ecoff.c 24 Apr 2013 13:19:27 -0000 1.78
+++ ecoff.c 15 May 2013 22:52:54 -0000
@@ -3561,7 +3561,7 @@ ecoff_link_check_archive_element (bfd *a
void (* const swap_ext_in) (bfd *, void *, EXTR *)
= backend->debug_swap.swap_ext_in;
HDRR *symhdr;
- bfd_size_type external_ext_size;
+ bfd_size_type external_ext_size = 0;
void * external_ext = NULL;
bfd_size_type esize;
char *ssext = NULL;
More information about the Binutils
mailing list