[patch, mips, stabs] Fix stabs failures in GCC testsuite
Maciej W. Rozycki
macro@codesourcery.com
Fri May 3 19:58:00 GMT 2013
On Fri, 3 May 2013, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> because I think all this is really papering over the problem of forgetting
> the label state across a section switch. This happens implicitly for
> these .stab directives (that are also seldom used these days), but I
> reckon I saw a case where it mattered for explicit section switches and
> had to be worked around somehow. It would be good to have some thought as
> to how to do this properly some day.
However after some further thinking I believe a good less-effort solution
for GCC might be to produce a .insn directive after any label considered a
code entry point, where GAS supports the pseudo-op. This would avoid
surprises in case something else turned out to clear the instruction mode
again. What do you think?
Maciej
More information about the Binutils
mailing list