[Patch, avr] Fix PR 12494 - Make relaxation consider relocations from all sections before deleting ret

Senthil Kumar Selvaraj senthil_kumar.selvaraj@atmel.com
Thu Mar 21 16:48:00 GMT 2013

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 02:49:56PM +0100, Joerg Wunsch wrote:
> As Senthil Kumar Selvaraj wrote:
>
> > This patch fixes PR 12494 (relaxation leads to wrong code optimization),
> > by considering relocations from all sections in the BFD before
> > determining that it is safe to delete a ret instruction.
>
> Since Johann reported the bug, please get his consent before committing
> the patch.

Sure. I'd submitted the patch in bugzilla a week back, but didn't hear
from him, so I thought I'd try the mailing list.

I'm also CC'ing him and Denis (with the right email id).

Regards
Senthil