[GOLD] PowerPC64 identical code folding

Alan Modra amodra@gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 06:52:00 GMT 2013

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 10:50:29AM +1030, Alan Modra wrote:
> 	* gc.h (gc_process_relocs): Look through function descriptors
> 	to determine shndx, symvalue and addend used by ICF.  Tidy
> 	variable duplication.

On testing this with more than the gold testsuite, I discovered that
--icf on PowerPC64 is quite broken.  We can't call function_location()
for a symbol defined in some object for which do_read_relocs() hasn't
been called;  The .opd info for that object isn't yet set up.

It looks like I'll need to translate shndx, symvalue and addend in
icf.cc.

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM