[patch 2/9] Nios II port, bfd support

Sandra Loosemore sandra@codesourcery.com
Wed Jan 30 21:17:00 GMT 2013

On 01/28/2013 06:50 PM, Alan Modra wrote:

>> +	    case DT_PLTGOT:
>> +	      name = ".got";
>> +	      goto get_vma;
>> +	    case DT_JMPREL:
>> +	      name = ".rela.plt";
>> +	    get_vma:
>> +	      s = bfd_get_section_by_name (output_bfd, name);
>
> elf hash table, srelgot and srelplt.

I assume sgot rather than srelgot is intended for the first one, but....
  making this change horribly broke all execution tests for the
GNU/Linux target.  The original code is returning sections in the output
bfd, while the suggested changes return different sections owned by one
of the input bfds.  Looking at the output from a simple test case with
readelf, I could see that the associated PLTGOT and JMPREL entries in
the dynamic section of the executable end up with null values when
linked with the modified code.  This might be an indication of a bug
elsewhere?  I'm still trying to sort it out....  hence the delay in
posting a revised patch set.  :-(

-Sandra