[patch 4/9] Nios II port, gas support

Sandra Loosemore sandra@codesourcery.com
Mon Jan 28 02:30:00 GMT 2013

On 01/24/2013 01:56 PM, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> It looks like you are documenting assembler options in both as.texinfo and
> c-nios2.texi.  See
> <http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2010-11/msg00397.html> for details of
> how to document options without having duplicate copies of the
> descriptions of each option that could get out of sync.

OK, I've fixed this for the next version of the patch set to be posted,
but....  I note that I matched the style of the surrounding
documentation sections -- which do not follow that convention -- when I
reviewed and copy-edited the Nios II documentation, and guidelines
buried in the mail archives from 2+ years ago are not exactly obvious to
new contributors.

It also does not seem like leaving it up to the individual target
maintainers to update the assembler docs has been a successful policy.
If I were to work on a (separate) patch to tidy up all the target option
documentation, could that be handled strictly as a documentation patch
without having to get explicit approval from all 40 bazillion target
maintainers?

-Sandra