Upstreaming 300-binutils-avr-size.patch

nick clifton nickc@redhat.com
Fri Jan 25 14:31:00 GMT 2013

Hi Cynthia,

   I did actually take a look at this particular patch - to enhance the
size program.  But I did not like it.  What I found worrying was the
fact that it was adding a lot of AVR specific code to what is currently
a very generic program.  The patch did not explain why this code is
needed, nor why the current output from the size program is insufficient.

   Without context, I cannot be sure, but I suspect that the size
program is not the right place for this sort of enhancement.  perhaps
readelf or an AVR specific tool would be more appropriate.