[patch 1/9] Nios II port, top-level configury

Sandra Loosemore sandra@codesourcery.com
Thu Jan 24 21:53:00 GMT 2013


On 01/24/2013 01:35 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:

> May I be the first to say YEAH!!! RTEMS has had a NIOS II port for
> quite a while but we wouldn't include it in real releases because
> it relied on code that was not available from the FSF. This moves
> it up from being a stepchild. :)

Yes, as I noted, the Nios II toolchain has been around for quite a long 
time.  Getting the patches integrated into the FSF code base at last 
will help a lot with bit-rot and maintenance issues, besides making the 
port more generally accessible.

> Will the newlib, gcc, and gdb ports be popping out shortly?

Perhaps not "shortly", but yes, we do plan to submit ports for all the 
toolchain components as we beat them into shape.  E.g. I am hoping we 
will have the GCC patches ready by the time trunk re-opens for 4.9 
submissions.

-Sandra



More information about the Binutils mailing list