[patch] allow suppression of fde encoding warning

Sandra Loosemore sandra@codesourcery.com
Tue Jan 22 03:29:00 GMT 2013


On 01/20/2013 08:51 PM, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>>> I think the correct solution is to avoid using the --eh-frame-hdr
>>> option on architectures where it can not work.  I think the linker is
>>> correctly warning you that although you explicitly specified
>>> --eh-frame-hdr, you aren't going to get an exception frame header.
>>
> If it does not reliably work with your ABI, then I think that GCC
> should not pass it by default.

OK, I made that change to GCC, and I'm still getting the warning even 
without --eh-frame-hdr being passed to the linker.  How about the 
attached patch, which checks whether exception frame headers were 
requested before issuing the diagnostic?

-Sandra

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: fde2.log
Type: text/x-log
Size: 180 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20130122/cad6a0b4/attachment.bin>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: fde2.patch
Type: text/x-patch
Size: 855 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20130122/cad6a0b4/attachment-0001.bin>


More information about the Binutils mailing list