[PATCH][gold] compiling gold with libc++ and __stl_hash_string

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Wed Dec 18 23:50:00 GMT 2013


On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 3:25 PM, Cary Coutant <ccoutant@google.com> wrote:
>> That's not the right fix.  That code should only be used if gold is
>> using <ext/hash_map>, which is a fall back for older compilers.
>> Currently gold prefers <tr1/unordered_map>.  I think we need to add a
>> case to configure.ac and system.h to use <unordered_map> if it is
>> available, as I assume it is for libc++.
>
> Ian, does the attached patch look OK?

Yes, that looks good.  Thanks.

> Would we want to turn on C++11 at some point? I believe we get
> <unordered_map> in G++ if we turn on --std=c++11.

At some point, sure.  But we need to make it easy to build gold with
older compilers, so probably not any time soon.

Ian



More information about the Binutils mailing list