[PATCH]: XCOFF : Ensure .text/.data file offset == vma % pagesize

Tristan Gingold gingold@adacore.com
Wed Aug 21 08:16:00 GMT 2013


Hello,


On Jul 30, 2013, at 4:39 PM, Richard Sandiford <rsandifo@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

> Sorry for the slow reply.  (Seem to be saying that a lot lately.)

No problem (and I was on vacation)

> I was a bit surprised that we didn't have the reloc counts more easily
> available, but I see what you mean.
> 
> Tristan Gingold <gingold@adacore.com> writes:
>> +  if (info->strip != strip_all)
>> +    {
>> +      /* There can be additional sections just for dealing with overflow in
>> +	 reloc and lineno counts. But the numbers of relocs and lineno aren't
>> +	 known zhen bfd_sizeof_headers is called, so we compute them by
> 
> Typo: s/zhen/when/.

Sure

>> +	 summing the numbers from input sections.  */
>> +      struct nbr_reloc_lineno
>> +      {
>> +	unsigned int nbr_relocs;
>> +	unsigned int nbr_lineno;
>> +      };
> 
> Very minor, sorry, but I think the code would be easier to follow if these
> two fields had the same name as the thing they're summing (reloc_count
> and lineno_count).
> 
> OK with those changes, thanks.  Good spot!

Committed with the suggested change.

Thank you for the review.

Tristan.



More information about the Binutils mailing list