binutils 2.19.92 linker broke with --as-needed flag

Alan Modra amodra@gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 04:48:00 GMT 2013

On Mon, Apr 08, 2013 at 06:43:57PM -0700, Vincent Wen wrote:
> mips-dis.c: In function `print_insn_args':
> mips-dis.c:1251: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned

This is your version of gcc being too picky over an equality
comparison.  There is really nothing wrong with the code here, and
later versions of gcc don't warn.  I'd guess that binutils developers
as a group tend to fairly recent tools, so we haven't seen this
warning.  The easiest fix for you is to configure binutils with
--disable-werror.

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM