How to add a new target in binutils ?

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Thu Sep 20 17:28:00 GMT 2012


On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 11:41 PM, Shawn <shaolin.xie@ia.ac.cn> wrote:

>     I'm new to binutils and I want to port a linker  to a new architecture.
> What I need is just a very basic linker , which can link static elf object
> files or static libraries into executables, no functionality for shared
> library or dynamic link.
>     I tried the Gold first,  but found it has been bounded to the binutils,
> and can't be compiled separately. so I tried to port the bintuils as a
> whole.

Although gold is part of the binutils, it does not use BFD.  So to
port gold it would suffice to just change the top level configure and
make files.

>    configure: error: *** unknown target vector bfd_elf32_mpu_vec

You need to add your new vector to the list in bfd/configure.in and
then run autoconf.

Ian



More information about the Binutils mailing list