as.exe: out of memory allocating 4294967280 bytes

Alan Modra amodra@gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 10:20:00 GMT 2012

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 08:00:12AM +0000, Simonov, Vladimir wrote:
> > It's a bug.  I didn't consider strange hosts that have sizeof(long) !=
> > sizeof(size_t).  Does the following fix your problem?
> >
> > 	* sb.c (sb_check): Use __builtin_clzll when size_t is not the
> > 	same size as long.
>
> Hi all,
>
> Glad to inform you - the both patches work OK for me.
> Please decide which one should be committed.

Heh, I didn't see HJ's patch go by or I would have OK'd that one
rather than proffering a patch myself.  I committed a slight tweak on
my posted patch on the grounds that it changes less lines of code than
HJ's patch.

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM