Issue Tracker Used? Git migration checklist.

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Fri Oct 26 04:33:00 GMT 2012


On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 3:46 PM, Joseph S. Myers
<joseph@codesourcery.com> wrote:
>
> Ideally the conversion would include the history of GDB from before it was
> developed in a public repository but I have not heard of any progress on
> getting that released.

Thanks to Nick Clifton I have all the data for the GNU binutils from
the time they were created and for gdb from the time it was imported
into the Cygnus repository in March 1991.  However I have not yet
tried to merge that data with the source code repositories on
sourceware.org.  I was able to do the same operation when we converted
GCC from CVS to SVN, so I know it is possible.  I will have to
recreate what I did then, though.  The steps will be to freeze the
sourceware repository, merge in the older history to produce a new
merged CVS repository, and then convert to git from that.

Ian



More information about the Binutils mailing list