[gold patch] Add --help and --version options to dwp.

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Wed Oct 24 15:39:00 GMT 2012

Cary> I've added --help and --version options to dwp, although I wasn't
Cary> quite sure about whether to send the entire usage message to
Cary> stderr in the case of an invalid option.

I think for GNU programs it is typical to print a short note and a
suggestion about --help:

$ automake --zardoz
automake: unrecognized option `--zardoz'.
automake: Try `/usr/bin/automake --help' for more information.

Or

$ ls --barf
ls: unrecognized option '--barf'
Try `ls --help' for more information.

I don't think this is explicitly in the GNU standards.

Tom