Map ".text.hot" and ".text.unlikely" input section prefixes to separate output sections.

Alan Modra amodra@gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 02:04:00 GMT 2012

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 04:52:16PM -0800, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> Unfortunately it leaves us adding more special cases for section
> names, which I really dislike.  Is there any happy medium?

I understand the dislike, but I don't see an alternative.  We should
have spoken up before the hot/cold support was added to gcc.  I also
dislike the fact that -ffunction-sections can generate section names
that match the names chosen for hot/cold sections.

--
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM