[RFC] Refactor elf_prpsinfo{32,64} structures

Sergio Durigan Junior sergiodj@redhat.com
Fri Nov 16 17:09:00 GMT 2012

On Friday, November 16 2012, Pedro Alves wrote:

> In 16-11-2012 15:15, Sergio Durigan Junior wrote:
>
>> Well, so the bottom line is that if I use such, I could declare the
>> external structure above without the alignment gap, right?  That would
>> certainly make things easier.
>
> The gap always needs to be accounted for somewhere somehow.  You either put
> it in the external structure definition, or you need to layout things by
> hand in the XXX_write_core_note routine, as you were doing.

Hm, ok.  Since I'm adopting your idea of using H_PUT_* instead of memcpy
directly, I will put the gap in the extern structure definition.

I believe it is not a problem for other architectures, but if it is then
the solution will be to move the structure definitions back to
host/target-dependent files.

Thanks,

--
Sergio