top-level configure.ac changes lost in sync

Roland McGrath mcgrathr@google.com
Thu Nov 15 00:23:00 GMT 2012

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 4:19 PM, H.J. Lu <hjl.tools@gmail.com> wrote:
> It was an oversight.  Sorry for that.

These things happen.  I just want to get it resolved now, and ideally get
something (comments if nothing else) in place that reduces the likelihood
of a similar oversight in the future.

> You should apply toplevel file changes to GCC and src trees at the same time.

How are the logistics of that supposed to work?
When someone gives approval on the binutils mailing list, does that confer
approval to make the same commit in the GCC repository?
I have write-after-approval in binutils (src) but no write access to GCC.
Should I just have write access to GCC too?  How do I get it?

Thanks,
Roland