Fix am__TEXINFO_TEX_DIR for gprof and ld
Christophe Lyon
christophe.lyon@st.com
Thu May 31 15:46:00 GMT 2012
On 31.05.2012 16:50, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Makefile.in is a generated file, you should change Makfile.am instead.
Sorry; I am not very familiar with automake, and I thought it was a matter of automake version rather then Makefile.am contents.
> The reason why bfd/doc/Makefile.in has a different value of
> am__TEXINFO_TEX_DIR is that it is generated with the cygnus option,
> which changes the default value of TEXINFO_TEX to what is used in
> ld/Makefile.am. But automake always prepends $(srcdir) to an explictly
> given value for TEXINFO_TEX, unlike the implict default value.
So, do you suggest that I replace no-texinfo.tex by cygnus? This has more side effects on Makefile.in: depcomp no longer defined, infodir no longer part of installdirs.
Is it OK? automake doc seems to advise to avoid using the cygnus option if possible, but doesn't mention that it always prepends $(srcdir): is there another way to avoid that without using the cygnus option?
Christophe.
More information about the Binutils
mailing list