RFC: Displaying multibyte symbol names in readelf
nick clifton
nickc@redhat.com
Wed May 30 14:42:00 GMT 2012
Hi Alan,
> Uh, the reason I quoted part of your readelf patch was that I think
> it's wrong to trim readelf -W output.
You are right, -W should display the full section type name. I was
getting confused with the way that the old code was printing out the names.
I have applied this patch to fix readelf and revert my changes to the
tic6x linker tests.
Cheers
Nick
binutils/ChangeLog
2012-05-30 Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com>
* readelf.c (process_section_headers): Correct bug in previous
delta - display full section type in wide mode.
ld/testsuite/ChangeLog
2012-05-30 Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com>
* ld-tic6x/shlib-1b.rd: Revert previous delta.
* ld-tic6x/shlib-1rb.rd: Likewise.
* ld-tic6x/shlib-1.rd: Likewise.
* ld-tic6x/shlib-1r.rd: Likewise.
* ld-tic6x/shlib-app-1b.rd: Likewise.
* ld-tic6x/shlib-app-1rb.rd: Likewise.
* ld-tic6x/shlib-app-1.rd: Likewise.
* ld-tic6x/shlib-app-1r.rd: Likewise.
* ld-tic6x/shlib-noindex.rd: Likewise.
* ld-tic6x/static-app-1b.rd: Likewise.
* ld-tic6x/static-app-1rb.rd: Likewise.
* ld-tic6x/static-app-1.rd: Likewise.
* ld-tic6x/static-app-1r.rd: Likewise.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: p.p
Type: text/x-pascal
Size: 15165 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20120530/77c535ec/attachment.bin>
More information about the Binutils
mailing list