RFC: Displaying multibyte symbol names in readelf
nick clifton
nickc@redhat.com
Fri May 25 08:28:00 GMT 2012
Hi Hans-Peter,
> Test-cases,
Indeed a good point. It turns out that writing a test case is a lot
harder than writing the code to display the multibyte characters. Not
least because currently we have no way of generating multibyte symbol
names. (I developed the patch using a binary given to me under NDA by a
customer, so I cannot use that binary in the testsuite). I am currently
working on a way to generate multibyte symbol names and then using this
to create a testcase.
> that it works for some common locale (possibly need
> the testing framework to check that it exists, else flag as
> UNTESTED)
Hmm, yes. This is getting tricky...
> and as before for the "C" locale?
This much I did test, and the are no regressions from the patch.
Cheers
Nick
More information about the Binutils
mailing list