those pesky absolute symbols
Fri May 18 22:28:00 GMT 2012
On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 7:44 PM, Alan Modra <email@example.com> wrote:
> This makes _DYNAMIC, _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_ and _PROCEDURE_LINKAGE_TABLE_
> section relative for PowerPC. There is no ABI requirement that these
> symbols be absolute as far as I can see, and as discussed previously,
> no symbols corresponding to a program image virtual address ought to
> be absolute. (_etext and suchlike should be fixed too, but I'm not
> going to rush into that change.)
> * elf32-ppc.c (ppc_elf_finish_dynamic_symbol): Don't make _DYNAMIC,
> _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_ or _PROCEDURE_LINKAGE_TABLE_ absolute.
> * elf64-ppc.c (ppc64_elf_finish_dynamic_symbol): Don't make _DYNAMIC
I checked in a similar patch for x86-64 and i386.
* elf32-i386.c (elf_i386_finish_dynamic_symbol): Don't make
_DYNAMIC nor _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_ absolute.
* elf64-x86-64.c (elf_x86_64_finish_dynamic_symbol): Likewise.
* ld-i386/tlsdesc-nacl.rd: Update for dynamic sym changes.
* ld-i386/tlsdesc.rd: Likewise.
* ld-i386/tlsgdesc-nacl.rd: Likewise.
* ld-i386/tlsgdesc.rd: Likewise.
* ld-i386/tlsnopic-nacl.rd: Likewise.
* ld-i386/tlsnopic.rd: Likewise.
* ld-i386/tlspic-nacl.rd: Likewise.
* ld-i386/tlspic.rd: Likewise.
* ld-x86-64/tlsdesc-nacl.rd: Likewise.
* ld-x86-64/tlsdesc.rd: Likewise.
* ld-x86-64/tlsgdesc-nacl.rd: Likewise.
* ld-x86-64/tlsgdesc.rd: Likewise.
* ld-x86-64/tlspic-nacl.rd: Likewise.
* ld-x86-64/tlspic.rd: Likewise.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 17011 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Binutils